The Leibowitz name has long been associated with St. Joseph. In the first decade of the 20th century, Samuel Leibowitz was a pawnbroker with a shop on Edmond Street. By 1915, the Leibowitz family also had a clothing and jewelry store. Abe, Jacob and Joseph all were involved in the family businesses on Edmond Street and South Ninth Street.By the time of the “Roaring Twenties” Leibowitz Jewelry was located at 121 S. Eighth St. between Felix and Edmond streets. The store was south of the Hirsch Brothers Department Store. It was a great place for a growing business.The jewelry store featured a wide selection of quality pocket watches and clocks as well as a variety of silver and gold jewelry items.Today, the Leibowitz name is associated with Leibowitz Menswear at the East Hills Shopping Center.